The Olson Face Mask
About these face masks:
Face Masks do not protect you 100% from the coronavirus. However, wearing masks along with social distancing should greatly reduce your chance of infection. This mask is a little different than others in that it has a pocket on the inside to insert additional filtration and a bridge strip (such as pipe cleaners) to form a seal around your nose.
- This new modular mask, The Olson, named after 1930’s legendary nurse Lyla Mae Olson, was quickly developed by clinicians from UnityPoint Health and is being shared across the globe in the fight against COVID19.
- These face masks are made with PUL fabric on the mouth/nose piece. Polyurethane Laminate (PUL) fabric allows only 1 micron of material to pass through whereas 100% cotton allows much larger particles.
- Before wearing this or any other reusable mask, please wash it before wearing it. I am not sick, nor have I been around anyone who is sick. However, it’s my understanding that you could have the virus for up to three weeks before you show symptoms. Therefore, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Please Hang dry the masks after washing. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER!
- The masks include pipe cleaners to add a seal around your nose – I have discovered that twisting two pipe cleaners together greatly improves this seal. Additionally, I have ordered some Wrapped Metal Nose Bridge Strips which are specifically for face masks. I will make sure you get some once they arrive.
Thanks for your purchase and stay safe,
Let me know if you would like additional information or would like me to create some for you. They are $5 each or 5 for $20.
Variety of fabrics available. E-mail me for additional information.