This resource page is for anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer or knows anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer. This is especially helpful for those who may need financial or legal assistance or need to get in touch with a support group. Links include: Cancer Care, Susan B. Komen and Cancer Legal Resource Center.
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.