I have created a resource page for anyone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer or knows anyone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer – or any other type of cancer for that matter. This is especially helpful for those who may need financial assistance or need to get in touch with a support group. Links include: Cancer Care, Susan B. Komen and Cancer Legal Resource Center.
Facts About Breast Cancer in The United States:
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
I would like to personally dedicate this page to Christine Rose-Broadnax who inspired me to create it.